7/9/09

Island Park

Last week we went to Island Park with my dad's family. While we were there we went to Yellowstone, went to Montana to see a rodeo on the 4th of July, went to Yellowstone again, played games, ate a lot of food, "marshed" marshmallows as Thomas would say, went to Big Springs, went to a play, Brandon went fishing (caught 5 fish), I made a lot of earrings with Libby, went kayaking, and had a wonderful time. This was Brandon's first time in Yellowstone and I think he really like it. He said he would definitely go back so we can't wait until next time. Besides Yellowstone, one of my favorite moments from the trip was when Thomas was out by the fire. He gently blew on it and a few seconds later the flames got really big. He told my dad what had happened and as he was walking away he said to himself, "There is magic inside, you just have to believe in yourself." I am not sure where he comes up with all of his sayings. 


Some of the Buffalo we saw in Yellowstone


One of the many geysers in Yellowstone


Old Faithful


We saw this beautiful rainbow on our way home from the rodeo


Big Springs


Me and my sisters at Big Springs


The Grand Canyon of Yellowstone


More Grand Canyon


This here is Meg's sad attempt to capture one of the best moments at Yellowstone. We saw a grizzly bear. It should have been in this picture, who knows where it is?

2 comments:

mattie said...

IP was a blast. You are a funny writer. I laughed so hard at what Thomas said and at Meg's picture. Nice blogging!

brandon & lauren said...

Thank you Mattie Jean. I take that as a major compliment coming from such a writer as yourself.